1 dead, 2 injured after high CO levels found in condo unit - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

1 dead, 2 injured after high CO levels found in condo unit

Posted: Updated:

BOSTON (AP) - A man is dead and two women have been hospitalized after being found in a condo with increased levels of carbon monoxide.

NBC Boston reports that authorities were called to a building in Boston's Roslindale neighborhood shortly before 10 a.m. Saturday and took three people to local hospitals to be treated.

One man taken from the condo was pronounced dead at the hospital. Authorities have not released his identity. The conditions of the two women were not available.

Boston fire officials say a faulty stove in the condo was to blame for the high carbon monoxide levels. Officials from the National Grid power company are looking for any other source of the gas.

The condo unit reportedly did not have a carbon monoxide detector. The case is still under investigation.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly

10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904
401-453-8000

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.

For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.